Did you know, sugarless gum can improve your smile and oral health? Well, it’s true! Sugarless gum has many wonderful benefits to offer, which is why our team here at Chamberland Dentistry PC in Shelbyville, Tennessee, is happy to tell you the different benefits of sugarless gum.
Keeping your teeth clean is vital, which is why sugarless gum can be effective. Check out these benefits here:
– Sugarless gum helps after every meal, but it is not a substitute for brushing and flossing each day.
– Sugarless gum can also prevent conditions like heartburn. This is great because the acids in your esophagus can damage your teeth and weaken your enamel.
– Sugarless gum increases your overall saliva flow. Saliva washes away food particles, neutralizes acids produced by bacteria, and provides disease-fighting substances throughout your smile.
– Studies have shown chewing sugarless gum for at least 20 minutes after a meal can fight off cavities because of the saliva production.
– Sugarless gum should never be used if you have any tooth sensitivity or jaw pain.
-Remember to choose sugarless gum that has been given the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
To learn more about your oral health, or simply make an appointment with an oral-health professional, please call us today at 931-684-9167 to set up an appointment with Drs. Chamberland, Barnes, and White. Our friendly dentists and team in Shelbyville, Tennessee, are happy to assist you and help you with your oral health.